Located in downtown Minneapolis, this newly renovated 430 seat historic landmark theatre has been a home for local, national, and international entertainment since 1920. Originally opening under the name "The Loring Theatre", this turn of the century theatre was originally constructed as one of the nation's premier silent film venues. The was constructed in under 11 months in 1920 and was built with the finest materials at the time, including a large marble floor lobby and grand staircases. It was known locally as "The Marble Palace" by residents who enjoyed films for just a few cents.
During the 1930's the Loring expanded to include a variety of "talkies" films, as sound was added to the first motion pictures. With the television becoming a household item and the Minneapolis streetcar system being overtaken by busses, The Loring officially closed as a public movie theatre in 1952. It was purchased by private owners to start a new church under the leadership of Rev. Russel Olson named The Minneapolis Evangelistic Auditorium, and later, Evangel Temple, until 1982.
Significant renovations were completed in the 1980's under the Cricket Theatre Company, when the name was changed to The Music Box Theatre. Throughout the 1990's the Music Box hosted the highly-caffeinated comedy Triple Espresso for nearly two decades. In 2016 the Music Box Theatre was purchased by Wooddale Church who invested in restoring the historic property to preserve and enhance the legacy of the theatre and its impact in Minneapolis. It is now home to Miracle City Church, a church planted from Wooddale's Loring Park location.